Book Your Next Event Here!
Want your next meeting or event to be... well, special? Then don't go to the same old location. Go to the edges of the universe! Align your molecules at a place where atmosphere, energy, exploration, and just plain fun collide.
If you want to make a splash (or a boom!) for your next event, think Carnegie Science Center. Our North Shore location offers magnificent city views, convenient parking, awesome exhibits, and cool ideas for truly original events.
Our special events and catering team will help you create an event that's unique, memorable, and affordable.
Call our Special Events Team at 412.237.1651, complete the Web Inquiry Form, or email to see our space.
* Group Admission can be added on to any daytime room rental. Please see the Group Admissions page for pricing.
* We have on-site parking. Your guests can pay on their own or you can host it for them.
* All Event Rentals include: Tables/Chairs, Security, Custodial Services and Event Supervision
Below is a list of our event spaces:
Experience one-of-a-kind elegance with an unparalleled view of Pittsburgh at PointView Hall, a modern, multipurpose event space inside Carnegie Science Center’s new PPG SCIENCE PAVILION™. With its cool, neutral décor and stunning view of the city skyline from inside the space and the outdoor terrace, PointView Hall is a picture-perfect venue for wedding receptions, holiday parties, Bar/Bat Miztvahs, corporate receptions, lectures, galas, fundraisers, and other festivities.
- Highmark SportsWorks® offers nearly 30 interactive experiences in three thematic areas: LifeWorks, Physics of Sports, and Sports Challenge.
- Not only is this fun for children but adults as well. Climb the 24 foot rock wall or try our new ropes course.
- Corporate receptions, meetings, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, fundraisers, etc.
- Ask about our team building activities.
Science Stage - 1st Floor
- Accommodates: 300 seated
- Theater style seating; equipped with a/v such as a podium / microphone, large screen, projector, theater lighting and much more!
- Perfect for large presentations or award ceremonies.
Second Floor Exhibit Area
- Explore the world's largest permanent robotics exhibition, roboworld™ and take a walking tour of western Pennsylvania at the world-renowned Miniature Railroad & Village®.
- Corporate Receptions, holiday parties, rehearsal dinners, fundraising galas, social events.
Buhl Planetarium - Second Floor
- Accommodates: 146 seated
- This high-definition, full-dome experience will take you to the far reaches of the galaxy.
- Bring a group in for a just a show or add one onto your special event. Choose from our daily schedule or from our library of Planetarium and Laser Shows.
- Awards ceremonies, presentations, wedding ceremonies.
Works Theater and 4th Floor Exhibits
- We can mix up cool cocktails with liquid nitrogen, fog up your atmosphere and fire up the Van de Graff generator to literally make your hair stand on end. Includes Exploration Station & Little Learner Clubhouse.
- Corporate Dinners, Holiday Parties, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, social events, bar and bat mitzvahs, birthday parties, meetings, wedding ceremonies.
5th Floor Balcony
- Our 5th floor balcony and observatory is equipped with a high powered telescope for your guests to gaze at distant galaxies. Perfect way to end an evening under the stars or watch the boats pass during the day!
- Accommodates: 80 seated with stools & chairs; 40 seat with round tables
- Book a live demonstration for your group and explore nutrition, healthy lifestyle choices, physical fitness, anatomy, and medical technology.
- Each demonstration is about 30 minutes. Please see our BodyStage page for a list of shows.
Why not rent our main building for your next event? Perfect for company parties and conference receptions, a full building rental includes all of our exhibit floors. We can create a made-to-order experience for you and your guests with shows and demonstrations you won’t find anywhere else. Contact us for pricing for your customized event.
- Wean Family Overlook Room - Seats 40
- Science Stage - Seats 300 (Theater Style Seating)
- Sportsworks Classrooms - Seats 60
Or bring the science to your venue!
Bring the stars to your special event with our portable planetarium.
Transport your guests to the starry heavens without ever leaving your venue. Our portable planetarium makes weddings, proms, graduations, and parties even more memorable. Guests can drift into and out of our star shows for as long as they like, and we’ll even customize the shows to your interests.
Want to travel to Jupiter? Want to see the planets? Let’s go!
We’ll navigate your intergalactic adventure.
Cost: $240/2 hours; Travel fees may apply.
Call 412.449.0157 with questions or to book.
Photos © 2015 Joe Pucciarelli