If you have an accommodation request, a question, or feedback for Carnegie Science Center, please contact Customer Service by phone 412.237.1536 or email.
Features For All
Carnegie Science Center welcomes all visitors. We work to assist visitors with disabilities in obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, and in supporting equal access to services, programs, and activities.
To request special disability accommodations, please contact the museum at least two weeks in advance of visiting or participating in special tours, classes/camps, and other activities. You can reach Customer Service by phone, 412.237.1536, or email us.
Guests should contact Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh’s Accessibility Coordinator with concerns regarding accessibility for visitors with disabilities at the museums. Call 412.622.6578 during weekday hours, or email us.
Construction and Maintenance
For updates on how construction and maintenance projects are affecting travel throughout the building, please visit our Construction page.
Main Building and Highmark SportsWorks
- All exhibit floors are accessed by ramps. The main building has elevators serving the exhibit floors.
- Most of our exhibits are interactive, hands-on experiences. So there is a lot for people who are blind or have limited vision to enjoy!
- Exhibit spaces and restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- We have strived to put the hands-on features of our exhibits at wheelchair-friendly heights.
- A limited number of wheelchairs is available for loan at no charge. Ask at the Ticket Counter on the first floor of the main building.
- For people on the autism spectrum or others who are extra sensitive to sound, a limited number of noise-cancelling headphones is available for loan, at no charge. Visit the Ticket Counter on the first floor of the main building.
- All theaters are wheelchair accessible.
- An elevator services the Omnimax Theater.
- For people who have limited hearing or are deaf, hearing assistance devices and scripts are available for Omnimax movies. Please ask when you buy your ticket.
- Special lighting is available for interpreters during Omnimax movies with two weeks advance notice.
- A limited number of noise-cancelling headphones is available for loan, at no charge in all theaters. Please see a theater presenter.
USS Requin Submarine
- We welcome all visitors on the desk of our USS Requin Submarine.
- Below-deck visits require full mobility.
- A video tour of the submarine is available in the H2Oh! Gallery.
- An aide accompanying a visitor with a disability is admitted at no charge.
- Service animals are welcome in all of our facilities.
- ASL interpreters for people who are deaf can be arranged with two weeks advance notice.
- Sighted Guides for people who are blind, or who have low vision, can be arranged with two weeks advance notice.
- Quieter times vary depending on holidays, school vacations, weather, and other factors. Please contact us for more information.